IU Natatorium Lifeguard Certification Courses
SPRING 2018 Training Classes
The IU Natatorium is offering Ellis & Associates International Lifeguard Training Program (ILTP) courses to prepare you for employment at your local pool, camp, resort, waterpark, high school, or open-water environment.
- Blended learning to meet the needs of different learning styles
- Online pre-course work
- 2-day skills training
- Highly trained E&A ILTP instructors
Designed to Meet All Your Water Safety Needs
- Empower your lifeguard team with the industry’s best skills and professionalism
- Assure that your lifeguards are trained with state-of-the-industry rescue skills and procedures
- Equip your lifeguards with state-of-the-art rescue technology
- Ensure that your lifeguards receive the most comprehensive lifeguard training program available today
- Learn why E&A is retained by 90% of U.S. waterparks and why our training is consistently rated highest quality by third parties
What Makes Our Program Unique?
Realistic scenarios and simulations. We believe that lifeguard rescue skills are best learned in the water, under the watchful eye of an E&A ILTP instructor. Once students have gained competence in these basic skills, they will apply what they have learned to real-life simulated incidents.
ILTP lifeguard candidates learn to lifeguard while participating in hands-on lifeguarding activities before they complete the course. ILTP is the only international lifeguard training program to mandate apprentice lifeguard experience in its training curriculum.
“Make It Work” philosophy: Our curriculum and philosophy stress that “textbook-perfect” rescues seldom occur in real life. What is more important is for lifeguards to problem-solve to overcome adverse situations that might arise during a rescue effort.
- Skills training that far exceed industry standards
- Proactive, accountability-based approach
- Training that integrates into one curriculum and tests a complete range of state-of-the-art rescue technology, including:
First Aid · Healthcare Provider CPR · Emergency Oxygen Administration · Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
Benefits To You
- Superior lifeguard performance
- Lifeguards able to protect both themselves and your guests
- Staff with highly professional attitudes and confidence
- Lifeguards trained to recognize a problem early and resolve in quickly before it becomes more serious
- Staff trained to minimize risks
- Staff fully ready to execute efficient emergency response that is safe for both the rescuer and the distressed guest
- Annual re-training assures lifeguard accountability and ensures skills stay current and test ready
- The E&A Comprehensive Risk Management Program is updated annually based upon the results of our extensive base of statistics for accidents, incidents and rescues from more than 1,200 swimming pools and 150 waterparks nationwide
E&A client lifeguards receive an E&A license and are accountable to the 10/20 protection standard, test ready skill levels, and a 20/25 vision standard. Licenses are revocable if license terms/conditions not adhered to.
ILTP course completion certificates are not accountable to proactive standards and are not revocable.
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Swim 100 yards without stopping using front crawl (freestyle), breaststroke, or a combination of both
- Tread water for 1 minute using only the legs while hands are above the surface of the water
- Execute a feet first surface dive and retrieve a 10lb brick from a minimum depth of 8 feet, or the deepest depth of the facility
|April 7th & 8th
|April 14th & 15th
|June 2nd & 3rd